Monday, August 3, 2015

comic for the week of 07/29/15.

I also read Powers (still fun, if totally stagnant) and finished the Fables trade. I thought the ending to Fables was perfect for that series, even though it's not one of the best endings I've ever read. It felt pitch perfect, but it wasn't anything that blew me away. It was just perfectly, reliably solid, like the entirety of the series.

Daredevil 17 - That beginning! Matt's fight with Ikari takes up most of the issue, but the parts in between explain how we got to this point and it's done so well. The Kingpin, always three steps ahead, appears to be ahead of even his own curve at this point. Then Max comes in an complicates the picture, as has been his wont. I'm curious to find out what Matt had planned before his plan was tattered, but I'm more curious about that crazy change of costume - it doesn't look like it was possible, nor did it make much sense, even if it's just for the point of visuals in the story? Surely there's gotta be a bit more to it? If not, that was worthless, but I'll tell you what wasn't: this series. I'm still dying to find out what they're going to do with Matt Murdock and Daredevil in the new Marvel U, especially given the bizarre changes I've heard announced regarding Thor (Odinson version) and the Hulk and Iron Man and so many others. It's going to be a different world, how much? For now though, that's far out. For now, let's finish this up.

No book of the week when there's only one, but everyone else should be catching up on (or current, if you're in better shape than me) Spider-Woman. That's a lot of fun.

No comments: