Wednesday, November 11, 2009

technical problems - google vs. exchange.

I want to sync my iPhone's calendar with my Google Accounts calendar. In order to do this, this page tells me that I can set up an Exchange account. However, when I go to do so on my iPhone, it tells me that I already have one Exchange account set up (which I do, for my work account) and that's all I can have. So, I'm thinking that I could delete my work account from my phone, set up the calendar through Exchange and get all my work emails forwarded to my GMail account. Piece of cake, right? Well, Google has this deal where they put a stamp on my emails that are sent via GMail as under my work account. I don't want to be sending work emails from my personal account, especially when people are going to be able to see both accounts. There's a way to get around it, which is described here at Lifehacker but when I try to take those steps via GMail's Settings, I get a message that reads, "Your other email provider is responding too slowly. Please try again later, or contact the administrator of your other domain for further information." I've tried at all sorts of hours and I'm really not sure who's in charge of the APS domain. I could write an email to the Service Department, but I'm fairly sure they'd come back with something like, "We don't support those sorts of actions," or, "It should work with that information. Try it again." (I know, I know, I shouldn't just assume. All right, so I banged out an email right now. We'll see if they can solve my problem.) However, even with last parenthetical addition, I'm still turning to the wisdom of the masses to try to resolve this issue for me.

No comments: