Tuesday, November 11, 2008

on cyfi.

A great product coming out combining two of my favorite things, biking and music, is called Cy-Fi and it's available now.

It's an interesting concept, and it's something that I think we're going to see a lot more of. The ubiquity of iPods in general, how prevalent they are in our society now really means that more and more, people will be looking at delivering music to people in more ways. There was this great report that I just read talking about how many cars are now coming with iPod hookups standard and I don't think that's really going to come as a surprise to anyone. But remember how fresh it was to make that transition from elevator muzak to the tunes that you actually knew being played in department stores to now being able to have a personal soundtrack of music you love bumping almost all the time. (We're going to look past the volume/deafness issues for now.)

When you combine that, though, with the Bluetooth technology that, honestly, is only now getting its feet wet in the new digital world that people are really starting to embrace, I think you're going to see some amazing things. It reminds me of a time that I've only read about, when people were really into this idea of playing with the ham radios in their basements and the excitement we all felt when we were kids and we first learned about the truckers' CB radio.

The easier it is for people to communicate with each other, I think, the more likely they are to do so. And an increase in communication can only be good, not just for individuals, but for our society in general.

By the way, Kanye's new song "Amazing" is pretty much that - it's got Young Jeezy with the rapping and Kanye doing his 808-Auto-Tune thing. The best thing I've heard from this album. I'm getting more and more psyched for it.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Tks for your comment. I invented it as a way to listen to music safely while biking.

if you have any suggestions for changes or updates let me know - we are working on a iPhone Model that will be available 1st quarter 09.

Jeff