Wednesday, October 22, 2008

on the streaming of chinese democracy.

Nope, not the whole album. (At least not yet.) But as of this point, we are apparently allowed to officially listen to the first single from the new Guns N' Roses album, titled "Chinese Democracy" - the same name as the album. While Kevin Cogill, the guy who leaked a lot of the album a while ago just pled not guilty in court, Guns N' Roses Axl Rose is now satisfied that the general public is ready for this long-awaited masterpiece. I got this link from Prefix and they have a pretty good reaction to the track - why'd it take so long when it sounds almost exactly like the Guns we were getting fourteen years ago? This is what took him so long to come up with? I will say that one of the songs I'm excited for according to the official track listing is "Madagascar" which I've heard from a leaked-from-the-Rock-in-Rio concert. That track, however, was leaked quite a while ago, so I'm hoping that there are enough similarities to let me still enjoy the song, but enough differences to justify this long-time-coming. There's a certain element here of disbelief: I've supported Guns N' Roses for a long time, even going so far as to buy a ticket for their aborted tour in 2002 and believing firmly that they'd actually make it. I should have known better. Now that the album actually appears to be on the way, I'm kind of exhibiting symptoms of shock: I still only half-believe it, and I'm more than a little angry. This is all we get? All this time, all this nonsense that everyone had to put up with from Axl? This is it? At least we're gonna get a free Dr. Pepper out of the deal. Anyway, listen for yourself and see what you think of the new Guns N' Roses.

No comments: