Thursday, October 9, 2008

on the balloon fiesta.

Tomorrow, we have the day off from work for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. It's basically an excuse day, because if we didn't give them the day off, most of the parents of the kiddos (especially at our school) would take them anyway. (Sidenote story: one of the boys in my class, his family actually owns a balloon! I don't know for a fact how expensive that habit/hobby is, but I'm willing to bet that it's pretty.) So we get the day off, and so do the kiddos, and everyone wins, because the Balloon Fiesta, to be honest, is pretty rad.

Brother One went a few days ago and got one of the rad, official posters for the Fiesta this year and I'm thinking that I might want to copy his style and get one for myself. As I become an adult, I'm increasingly finding that it's all about framed art. The days of unframed Pink Floyd posters were great and I had a lot of fun, but this stuff kicks ass.

No comments: