Tuesday, October 7, 2008

on sarah palin.

I know that I'm usually late to a lot of parties, just like I am to this one, but I really do figure that I'm not breaking any news with this blog. I just want a chance to get my own take put out there.

So...with regard to Sarah Palin. I don't feel any need to sugarcoat my words: she's 100% unfit for the task chosen for her. I don' think there's a lot of disputing this. John McCain himself said so...if not in so many words. Her interviews with Katie Couric were an unmitigated disaster that pretty much everyone acknowledged and no one tried to hide. (Well, except CBS, who didn't even show some parts of it...they were that bad.) She criticizes Obama for earmarks, even though "Alaska under Palin's leadership has asked Washington for 10 times more money per citizen for pet projects - the true definition of a maverick. There's frequent worries about her possibly treasonous link to a group that wants to secede from the USA and her scandals from back home keep reaching out to bite her in the ass no matter how hard she runs away from them.

So yeah, I don't think there's a lot more to add. Other than this: It's past October 7th. If you're not registered to vote or you're not going to vote or you're going to vote for John McCain...seriously...I don't think we can be friends any more. Here's to hoping that I'll still have all my friends tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm in 100% agreement with all your points here.

She's an un-mitigated disaster for women's rights. I was horrified at the revelation of her charging victims for their rape kits. It enrages me to think someone would DO THAT.

Well - whatever happens. I was watching Pundits last night proclaiming "it's all over for McCain."

Maybe. But I still worry. :\

Much Love, Mindy C

Pam said...

Totally agree. She is craziness.

Michael said...

@ Mindy: Thanks for the comments (on more than just this). Your entry on Palin (and your general frustration on her) definitely made me think that this was worth writing. :)

@ Pam: How great to see you here! :) Let's get together sometime soon.