Thursday, July 10, 2008

on "alcohol."

There's a restaurant that opened up a while ago, while the city of ABQ was in the first stages of the EDO-revitalization, called The Standard Diner. It's a great place. They used to serve cucumbers in the water. (Hell, they still might, just the last time I was there, they didn't.) Brandon and I used to go there a lot together. It's a good, classy joint. Which makes me all the more frustrated when I see that they have "beer & wine" on the menu. It goes beyond just that, too. It's like, what is this about? Did they get the italics confused with quotation marks? Are they trying to be clever in that hipster way, over-using quotation marks? Observe the menu below.

5 comments:

lotto tickets said...

Kanami sang imo blog. Daw spaghetti.

lotto results said...

This is a nice blog. I like it!

Brando said...

Wow, they did go a little overboard with the quotes. Doesn't mean it taste any less "good"...

Clearly the spammers found your blog, you better curb that shit soonish...it gets out of hand, trust me.

Honda said...

you need to take a valium and chill my friend. you get so riled up about seemingly small issues. I am afraid your head might explode if you keep this up. (I feel justified to say this as it is technically my picture and I was with you when you took the other picture ;))

Michael said...

@ brando: Sure, it doesn't change what's being served...but this sort of careless mistake makes it seem like there's no one with a college education working there. And we know that's not true.

How am I to "curb that shit" in regard to the spammers?

@ honda: I'm not too riled up about it, to be honest, it's just...dismaying.