Thursday, June 5, 2008

on rivalries.

First of all, go read Basketbawful's excellent re-caps of the Lakers vs. Celtics duels from back in the day. Then realize that it's happening now...in a different form, perhaps without some of that intesity, but it's starting tonight.

My best friend from Gonzaga moved here a while ago, and he's a lifer for Team Green. I've previously stated my life-long love for the Forum Blue and Gold guys. While we were playing busket last Sunday, he told me that I didn't get to have this one. He said that I've had three already in my lifetime (more actually but I only have memories of the Shaq/Kobe threepeat) and he's not been to the Finals since 1987. That's a long time. I told him how I'd suffered in the years since '04 when the Beatles team collapsed. He looked at me with hate in his eyes and I realized that I really have been spoiled. But nothing compares with eight in a row. So who's really been spoiled?

It starts tonight. Be watching.

No comments: