Wednesday, June 11, 2008

link of the day.

Very, very disturbing news regarding your rights to privacy! According to this story, the US government, in conjunction with others, is seeking the right to look through your stuff, to see if you have any pirated material. If you do, the officer who's perusing your iPod/computer/thumb drive (whatever!) might have license to delete the stuff, confiscate the device, etc. This is no good. Look into it and see what you can do to prevent these sorts of wanton violations of your rights before it gets too late!

5 comments:

Brando said...

hmmm...that's fucked up right there. I had heard about it on the canadian side, but I thought it was just part of their DMCA. That is really lame, I'll have to start putting my ipod in my rectum when I go to vancouver.

Aws said...

That's fucked up, yo. BTW- your link is not working, but I found something like it here:
http://www.freepress.net/node/41186

Just another reason to overthrow the government.

Michael said...

B, I got your comment last night as I was trying to fall asleep and I swear it made me laugh for about twenty minutes. Word, it's not just Canadia that's jacking our shit.

Michael said...

Third, thanks for the extra link, I haven't seen it yet, but my link works from iPhone and apparently works for Brando too. Try it again. Thanks for the comment. :)

Mindy said...

What's disturbing (for me, a somewhat computer literate person)...is how they will go about determining what on your computer is licensed.

Also - my dinky little iPod Shuffle will be impossible to scan - but an iPhone. Or my freaking laptop...*shudder.*

Makes me not want to travel...ya know...anywhere.

What's the plan for retaliation. Do we just cross our fingers and hope a few smart souls in Congress and the Senate come to their senses?

Is it wrong to say I'm feeling a little burnt out on "democracy" right now?

Much Love, Mindy C