Monday, May 26, 2008

link of the day.

In the last few days I've watched some great movies that I want to write about (both Southland Tales [OMG! So weird!] and Gone Baby Gone), I've ended my school year, resulting in both enormous joy and tremendous sadness, and I've finally seen some of my friends again, whom I hadn't gotten the chance to see while so busy with work.

However, in spite of all this happening, what I really want to share today is a semi-response to one of my more recent blog entries from Brother Two. He's writing here about the concept of identity, which is tremendously important, not only to me, but to my teaching and the way I try to live my life. In fact, my last unit with my 7th graders was called "Who Am I?" and was supposed to be a reflection on not only the titular question, but a meditation on how they'd changed this year, if they were happy with the direction their lives were heading, etc. I think the issue of identity is an incredibly important on a meta-level.

If you're not sure of who you are, how can you be sure of anything that you do?

So go read my brother's blog, and think about these things. They're important.

No comments: